Monday 1 October 2012

My Week In Lists: Celebrity Marriages



OK, so you all know I a huge soppy romantic, and since today is mine and Hubby's two year wedding anniversary, I could wax lyrically about what a babe he is, how freaking lucky I am to have a man who not only my best friend, but the love of my life, as well as being a brill cook, makes-me-cry-with-laughter kind of funny, sweet, darling, and basically just a wonderful, wonderful man. I could go on, and on, and ON, about that, and I have before and sure as heck will again (just check out the Mr & Mrs section for all my gushy loving).

But today, I thought I would share a little game of sorts that I like to play when I think about our relationship, and the strength and length of our marriage. It's just a little fun, so don't get bent out of shape about it if you think it's in poor taste or anything, but the game I like to play is
"Which Celebrity Marriage Have We Outlasted Today?"

So far we've got these guys beat:

  • Britney Spears & Jason Alexander - 55 hours
  • Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries - 72 days 
  • Renee Zellweger & Kenny Chesney - 4 months
  • Marilyn Monroe & Joe DiMaggio - 9 months
  • Katy Perry & Russell Brand - 14 months
  • Lisa Marie Presley & Michael Jackson - 20 months

And today we can add Scarlett Johansson & Ryan Reynolds to that list. Go us!
In our near sights are:

  • Britney & Keven Federline - 26 months
  • Ashlee Simpson & Pete Wentz - 34 months
And way off, but who we'll obviously reach eventually, we've got:

  • Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher 
  • Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes - both 6 years
  • Reese Witherspoon & Ryan Phillipe 
  • Heidi Klum & Seal - both 7 years


But then you've got couples like Beyonce & Jay-Z, who whilst have only been married like 4 years, are clearly never splitting up either (or else, you know, the world would end), so we'll never get them beat. But that's ok, we don't want to live in a world that Bey-Z don't run.

But in all seriousness, two years ago today, amidst all the pomp and ceremony, we quietly said a few words, exchanged rings and signed a little piece of paper and that is what stays with me. Getting married is great and all, and we did have one hell of a party, but as I told a few brides to be this week, it is nothing, NOTHING, compared the every day banality that is the sheer perfection of being married. Or maybe that should be the sheer perfection that is the every day banality of being married, I don't know, I kind of think they're both right in a weird way. It is the best feeling in the world, no doubt. (Well, except save for having some babies I'd expect)

Happy Anniversary Hubby! I love you beyond words and I can't wait to crush those pathetic celeb marriages with you. 7 years Seal & Klum, IS THAT THE BEST YOU'VE GOT? Bring on 70 baby, me and you.

 aka your Wifey xx

4 comments:

  1. This did make me laugh! Congratulations for your two years. I have just had an anniversary, although it celebrated a significantly smaller length of time- the first year! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, it's just a bit of fun really :) Thank you so much, and congratulations on yours! Speaking from experience, it only gets better :D x

      Delete
  2. HA! TAKE THAT REYNOLDS!

    We've also been married longer than Julia Roberts and Lyle Lovett. BOOM!

    Love you x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments - I read them all! Leave a link to your blog (if you have one) because I love checking them out too xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...