Sunday 2 September 2012

Never On A Sunday

Yesterday Hubby and I very uncharacteristically did something with our weekend day (don't worry, we played Lego Batman, watched the F1 qualifying and were home in time for Doctor Who, we haven't completely lost our heads). Usually we're content to laze around at home all weekend, with the odd trip to the market or the library, and stick on a good DVD box set - we got through all 4 series of Being Human in about er, a week, recently. I'm sure some people can think of nothing worse than being stuck inside all weekend, but we're real homebodies, so it suits us to a T mostly.

But yesterday was a lovely warm day, so we decided to make the most of it with a walk around a local RSPB reserve, Fairburn Ings. We picked the Riverbank Trail, which was sold to us as 'a bit of a walk', two hours later we arrived back at our car, thoroughly exhausted! We didn't manage to spot any of the promised Kingfishers, but we saw lots of other lovely ducks, swans, smaller birds, butterflies and even a dragonfly that followed us around for a bit. I would hardly class myself as a twitcher, but it was a really lovely way to spend an afternoon








I'm a little bit in love with my new yellow shoes. 
(My skirt blew up just after taking this and I flashed my knickers to some ducks and possibly some men with binoculars, oops, stay classy guys)


Did you do anything nice this weekend?

P.S. What did you think of Doctor Who? I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was, but then I didn't have very high expectations going in. Eleven/Pond is by far my least favourite paring of the modern series, I know I'm in the minority, but my god am I looking forward to the end of Amy. I'm interested (and a little excited) to see how they manage to bring Oswin back - she seemed much more my cup of gin tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments - I read them all! Leave a link to your blog (if you have one) because I love checking them out too xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...