Friday 20 April 2012

Happy Days

No Friday Fiction today guys, sorry (or, you're welcome, depends whether any of you actually like that feature or not?) - I'm being a bit of a slowpoke with my book at the moment because it's not super exciting and I've been busy with other things, so there :P Can't blog about a book I haven't read yet! I'll have to catch up my books at some point, but that'll be when I feel like, I'm not down with the whole 'obligation to blog' thing. I just do it because it's fun for me :)

Today I am feeling super happy for the first time in a while and before I shoot off for an exciting evening, I thought I'd drop my blog and it's dear readers a short line to say what's giving me the goofy grins on this sunny Friday afternoon.

  • Well, for one thing, I have a super cute cat who likes to chase the washing round in the machine. Come on, tell me this picture doesn't melt your heart just a little bit?

(via Instagram)

  • The aforementioned exciting evening out is Hubby & I heading to the Newcastle Metro Arena (a first for us) to watch the WWE Smackdown Revenge Tour (another first). I'm not the biggest wrestling fan but I'm going to don my brightest, shiniest metallic green leggings and wave a sign and everything. I'm embracing the moment and hopefully it'll be awesome.
  • I got a phone call this morning about a job interview I had a few weeks ago. I'd assumed I hadn't got it but I'm going in next week for a trial shift, with the kids from the school where I currently work, so I have every intention of ROCKING IT, and securing myself a nice new job (it fits around my current one) and earning mega dollarz (not really, it's crap pay but it'd be an ace job). Cross your fingers for me yeah?
  • It's not raining today! This might seem trivial but when you have to walk for like an hour to get to work and back, in torrential downpour, and then deal with 150 children who have been cooped up for two days solid, you'll know that good weather is a life saver. You can't blame the kids for going stir crazy, but it sure makes them hard to deal with!

That's about it really. It might not seem like a lot but it's just the turn of events that I needed to lift my spirits right about now. Oh, and IT'S FRIDAY.

What's putting a smile on your face today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments - I read them all! Leave a link to your blog (if you have one) because I love checking them out too xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...