Wednesday 21 March 2012

Little things

I've been having a rough few days, so excuse the lack of regular blogging, but in the name of positivity and practicing gratitude, I thought I'd share just a few of the little things that have been helping me keep my head above water.


~Tickets to see The Wave Pictures staring back at me every time I look in the mirror (it's tonight and I can't wait)
~The National. Everything about the National. But specifically their lyrics. And specifically this song. "Baby, we'll be fine. All we've got to do is be brave and be kind."
~Dreaming about things I want to do. And believing that I might actually be brave enough to do them.
~Making plans to see my nephew
~Alternating between super healthy homemade smoothies for breakfast, and multiple packets of crisps for lunch
~The knowledge (hope) that my life starts tomorrow.
~Pretending that the budget isn't happening today. I used to love politics but since the Conservatives were voted in, I can't bear to follow it anymore.
~The F1 season starting again & getting up at 6am to listen to the race on the radio (we don't have Sky sadly)
~Making lists
~Coming up with the perfect baby names

So whilst I'm feeling particularly crumbly around the edges at the moment, it's always good to remind myself that there are bright spots in even the darkest clouds, and that this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments - I read them all! Leave a link to your blog (if you have one) because I love checking them out too xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...