Tuesday 6 March 2012

Feeling less than victorious

I want this blog to be a way for me to record memories and seemingly mundane details of my life, as something to look back on in a week/month/year's time and smile at the happy memories, so I've not been blogging for a couple of days because physically and mentally, I've not felt great, or much like blogging. It's not that I'm trying to put on a front, or trying to mislead you about what my life is like, but I don't really like the idea of documenting the bad times so much - focusing on the good helps me feel more grateful for what I do have in my life, and makes me feel less like I'm just complaining to a forum of friends and strangers.

Having said all that, I'm going to talk about it anyway... Very briefly.

I've not really felt like I've been at my best since before Christmas, which is draining and frustrating, between my back issues and colds and all the rest, and then last week I was having a terrible few days, feeling rundown and rubbish, and decided I needed to take some time of work if I was going to give my body half a chance to fight whatever I assumed it was I was coming down with. 4 days of complete bed rest with Hubby (who unfortunately had some kind of stomach bug at the same time), getting through about 3 seasons of Grey's Anatomy and eating a fair amount of junk food - we take 'bed rest' very seriously in our house, I do anyway, he tries to sneak in some work, even when he's sick!

But 4 days later and I still don't feel any better really, I'm putting my headache down to trying to give up normal tea (I've switched to decaf), which maybe wasn't the most sensible thing to do at a time like this, but that still leaves me feeling tired, achey and just kind of down in the dumps a bit, for no reason I'm aware of. And it sucks! I've gone back to work just for something to do with myself, and a bit of fresh air seems to be helping (although dealing with 150 screaming children with a pounding headache negates any benefit that might have), but really, I just want to crawl back in to bed and hibernate for a week or 3...

Obviously I can't do that, so I'm trying to stay upbeat and focus of the good things to come. I've only got until Friday at my second job (which is exhausting), it's my birthday next week and my mum is coming up to visit & celebrate it with me, we're hoping to see the delectable Wave Pictures in Leeds in a few weeks, and we're definitely seeing the divine Ryan Adams in Sheffield, as well as just booking tickets to go and see the WWE Wrestlemania Revenge Tour Smackdown event in Newcastle next month. I'm not the biggest fan in the world, but Hubby loves it and I can get on board for one evening if it means I get to wear some spandex and hold up a big sign. We're also giving blood again in a few weeks, and then we're hoping to get cracking on this starting a family business...

I also wore a totally boss hat to my Grandma's 80th birthday party.







Hubby chanelled his inner Scott Parker and looked pretty dapper himself.


I was pretty chuffed with how my hair turned out given that I put it up 5 minutes before I left using a lipstick, with no idea of what I was actually trying to achieve. It sort of turned out like upside down victory rolls on the left side, with a low messy bun pinned in on the right. Seriously, another reason why you should always carry a lipstick with you (and a thousand bobby pins...) It wasn't planned, but it worked really well with my 20s dress, and obviously my totally OTT hat - outfit post and some more pictures to come later. It held up pretty well with just a little serum on, since I had no hairspray, and when I took it down later (once the shoes had been kicked off for maximum discoing), it was full on corkskrew curly, so I might try it again to make heatless curls in the future.


Only 4 days left until the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments - I read them all! Leave a link to your blog (if you have one) because I love checking them out too xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...