Thursday 8 March 2012

Feeling Grateful

So I was aiming to write this blog post for the end of February, to talk about the things I've been especially grateful for this month, but I felt so flipping miserable and under the weather, I actually felt grateful for very little at that point in time, so I decided to give it a miss until I was feeling better again, which thankfully, is right about now. I seem to be poorly all the time and it drives me up the wall that my body is so useless at fighting things, but ho hum, such is life.


Practicing gratitude might seem like quite a small or trivial thing, but I think it's a wonderful habit to get in to, and I'm trying my hardest to do it as much as possible. It's so easy to have a bad day, or a bad week/month/year, and feel like the world is against you and like you have nothing, which in all honest, is probably never ever true. Even if you are poor and sick and feel like you're all alone, I doubt you actually are. You might have family, a dearly beloved like my Hubby, or just some really great friends. I'm not ashamed to say my cats are like my friends/children, so they definitely count to. They don't talk back, but they sure are excellent listeners. The point is, we all have someone, and we should remember that and never not ever take them for granted (like I do all the time).

So as well as my obvious shout-out to the love of my life, the frankly marvelous Mr B, who has been a even more of a delight this month than normal, some of the other things I am currently grateful for are:
  • Hubby being rewarded for all his effort at work with a pay rise, and me getting some extra work at job 2, both of which have made it possible for us to become...
  • Debt free! Well, sort of. We have officially paid off our credit card (for the second time), but this time I swear it's for good. It's such a relief to not have to worry about it anymore, or be paying needless interest. Once we clear our overdrafts next payday, we can finally start saving up for some proper furniture (only a year and a half after we moved into our house...)
  • Sending letters and postcards to friends & family, and receiving them in return - I love getting post so much - seriously, if you want to be penpals, I would love that, send me a email or leave me a comment and we can sort something out, where ever in the world you are, because hand written letters are the best.
  • Getting away for a week during the half term (time off from work is in it's self, something to be grateful for) to a lovely cottage in the Yorkshire Dales with my family, and getting to spend so much time with my gorgeous nephew and witness pretty sunsets like the one above.
  • Scottish music being so fabulous. We saw The Twilight Sad a few weeks ago and they were ridiculously good. I've been on a Scottish music kick ever since, like I said, Scotland's for me!

Yeah, mostly I'm just grateful for The Twilight Sad's perfect blend of melancholic noise rock (with a side of 80s synths), oh, and the existence of this song by We Were Promised Jetpacks.



Sa-woon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments - I read them all! Leave a link to your blog (if you have one) because I love checking them out too xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...