Wednesday 16 November 2011

Social Media


So I've been umm-ing and ah-ing for weeks about whether or not to create a Facebook page for my blog (also with deleting facebook entirely, but that's another story) and I thought I'd ask my 'readers' (my kind friends and family who read this blog) whether they thought it was a good idea or if they had any experience with it they could share with me.

I only got twitter in the first place so I could connect with more bloggers and share/promote my blog easier, although I'll admit I'm a little addicted now, which is why I'd like to make a Facebook page - it's a very easy forum to promote discussions and conversations. I'm just worried it seems a little self-indulgent, and also, it means really opening up this blog for public scrutiny via EVERYONE I know, which is more than a little scary! Obviously I want people to read it, I'm just not sure I'm ready for my old school friends, my in-laws and all the rest to be reading it too...

I recently had yet another 'cull' of "friends" on there that I never speak to, and am unlikely to ever see again, so maybe it's time to bite the bullet and stop being such a coward. Do you ever feel the need for a good spring cleaning of your social media sites? I for one am definitely following too many blogs, but I can't bear to unfollow anyone! So my Google Reader averagely has about 500 unread posts on any given day. Sigh.

Honest (polite) opinions gratefully recieved. Would you make a blog page? If you already have, has it had a positive impact on your blog? Do you think I'll ever stop being such a wuss? :)


5 comments:

  1. I definitely recommend doing it - my friends who don't blog or use blogspot themselves like it as it means they can have a read and find my stuff in their Facebook dashboard without having to google and the likes. It's a little self indulgent but I like it, means I can throw things on there alongside links. I was worried about my friends/family reading it at first but I love blogging, don't write about anything I'd not want to be read and so am happy for people to read it. As for people who I used to go to school with who weren't too nice, they can read it if they want to but don't have to.. if anything it just serves to show how well I'm getting on with things. :) do it do it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I created a Facebook page and then never visited it. Mostly, because I don't want my FULL name to be associated with the blog...

    let me know what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rosie! What a beautiful Blog! I've just become a follower! If u wanna join my blog, have a look here http://misslittlesnail.blogspot.com/
    Bye^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to delete my facebook too. If it wasn't for my business page, i would've deleted it by now. Will find you on there later :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments. I decided to make one, put I've not linked it to my personal profile yet but have invited a few friends to 'like' it. I'm going to see how that goes and maybe considered putting it on my personal profile at a later date :)

    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments - I read them all! Leave a link to your blog (if you have one) because I love checking them out too xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...