Tuesday 15 November 2011

Christmas Countdown



There are only 39* days until Christmas - eek! *(and counting) Where has the time gone? There is so much to do before we head down south to spend a few days with my family and meet up with Hubby's family briefly (we'll be seeing them properly in January since we can't leave the cats for too long). As the song goes, I'm making a list, and checking it twice. Technically speaking I've already made about 5 lists, and I highly doubt they'll be the last ones. Foolishly or frugally, I've decided to make my Christmas presents this year. Times are hard, and I've always been a terrible present buyer anyway, so it seemed to be the thing to do this year, plus it's very 'now' isn't it? Make do and mend etc. Last year I made everyone a jar of Plum jam to accompany their bought presents, but this year I thought I'd go all out homemade.

Unfortunately I can't divulge my exact gift plans as some of my family have been known to read this here blog of mine, but I can say that they won't be getting hand-knitted scarves or embroidered cushions, since I'm hopeless at that sort of thing (and they'd probably hate them!). Despite having never made any of my proposed presents before (cross your fingers they go well, please), I'm sticking to my strengths (the kitchen), and only tackling one (admittedly huge) never-done-anything-like-it-alone project, so it should all be fine.
If not, it's the thought that counts, right?!

I've loved trawling the internet for ideas that are appropriately festive, but also appropriate to the gift receiver, and then scourering the shops for the right craft "ingredients" and I can't wait to share with you how they all turn out - you'll just have to wait until after Christmas unfortunately! Maybe it'll give you some ideas for next year.

How are you going to tackle present buying this year ("in the current economic climate")? Have you started watching any Christmas films or listening to Christmasy music? Hubby and I watch the Gavin & Stacey Christmas special about 500 times a year, so that's our go-to DVD at the minute, and we've just been giving the Michael Buble album a listen - definitely going on the shopping list!



P.S. it might seem a little early to some to be getting in the Christmas spirit, but by the time Christmas comes around I'll be a total grinch so I like to get in the mood nice and early :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments - I read them all! Leave a link to your blog (if you have one) because I love checking them out too xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...