Friday 2 September 2011

Autumn Days

(image via Pinterest)

Yesterday's post was supposed to be all about my autumn wishlist - big chunky knits and pumpkin and mustard hues. I had this whole bit lined up, but then I saw that dress and it all kind of went out the window... Sorry! It was a beauty though right? I may or may not have let out a little squeal earlier when I got the email saying it had been dispatched... Ok, I did. I have a feeling it's going to be featured VERY heavily on this here blog, and possibly worn to death, but I'm ok with that. Do you have a dress like that? That one piece that just completes your wardrobe? I will soon! Hopefully just in time for my first day back at school (work)!

So it's September. Fall as the glamorous Americans says (although I think our word is better, sorry). Autumnal is one of my very favourite words because of all the images it automatically inspires in my mind. Crunchy leaves, rosy cheeks glowing from the cold, long colourful scarves, pumpkins, finally getting to dig out my epic coloured tights collection (plain black opaques are NOT welcome Chez Moi). I'm all about the wine, the mustard, the teal, even the neon pink on occasions.

Autumn is my very favourite and my best season. It's no coincidence we got married on October 1st - it should have been the most perfect of days, weather wise, but no, it rained. And when I say rained I mean, rain of biblical flood proportions. It did make for some good photos featuring umbrellas though.





Like I said, Autumn days are the best.

2 comments:

  1. Those are some great shots. I love the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) Our photographer nearly deleted it because she didn't like it, but it's one of our favourites!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments - I read them all! Leave a link to your blog (if you have one) because I love checking them out too xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...