Thursday 14 July 2011

Hair styling


You might have guessed that I tend to do very little with my hair. It's down, natural, or it's up in a bun. Very occasionally I will wear a ponytail or a plait. My hair is very thick, and very long, and I love it to pieces. But I also loathe it and dream of chopping it all off regularly. We have a love/hate relationship, my hair and I.

It does get a bit boring doing nothing with it though, but I don't have several hundread pounds to fork out on fancy straighteners or curling tongs, so more often that not, I'm stuck with it. So when I read about a way to produce proper corkscrew curls without heat, it caught my attention. I watched this video first, and then just did it myself before bed - it's not exactly a complicated technique. All you need in an elasticated hairband and slightly damp hair. It worked really well at the front, as you can see below. I didn't take a picture of the back but that didn't really work at all so I did some little plaits (you can see one just over my right shoulder) to take away the flatness, but if you had curling irons it would be easy enough to just pop a few curls in at the back on top.

This was after I'd brushed it out a little, and the curls that were there held all day (and into the next). I was very impressed with the curls, and thought they looked nice, but if I'm honest, I don't think massively curly hair really suits me. Still, it was nice to try something different, and it was very easy to do.

Hairband: H&M
T-Shirt: Belle & Sebastian merchandise
Skirt: Topshop
Shoes: Kickers from Schuh

(The poster in the background is a print of the artwork from the Funny Little Frog single, by Belle and Sebastian - they're my favourite band if that wasn't obvious!)



P.S. This skirt is great for twirling.

1 comment:

  1. I love twirling skirts :) The hairband is also cute.

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments - I read them all! Leave a link to your blog (if you have one) because I love checking them out too xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...